Welcome to Ulagalla
Once the ancestral estate of local Anuradhapura nobility; this hotel in Anuradhapura features a 150-year-old mansion at its centre, with 20 private ecologically-built villas spread across 58 acres of lush greenery. As one of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, with its own solar farm generating half of its own energy requirements, Ulagalla is truly a unique boutique hotel.
Enjoy the riches of the kingdom or a nature based adventure while immersed in luxurious, ecologically-sustainable beauty. Visit Ulagalla Resort with close proximity to Sigiriya to sample the best of Sri Lankan hospitality and to experience unparalleled luxury.
Boutique Hotel in Anuradhapura
Recognised by many independent reviewers as one of the finest boutique hotels in Sri Lanka, Ulagalla showcases an artfully preserved, chieftain’s mansion and 20 luxurious villas built following earth-friendly principles. The lush environment, stunning landscaping, as well as the exquisite attention to the comfort of guests makes for an unforgettably luxurious experience amidst a green oasis. Ulagalla being only half an hour drive away from Anuradhapura ensures that guests enjoy a cultural and historical experience bound to create a wealth of memories to take back home.
Your stay with Ulagalla, the most noteworthy of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka hotels, gives you the opportunity to experience some of these unique attractions of great historical & cultural significance. Mihintale is known as the cradle of Buddhism in Sri Lanka, features ancient Viharas, stupas, ponds, an ancient hospital, and more:
- Your stay with Ulagalla, the most noteworthy of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka hotels, gives you the opportunity to experience some of these unique attractions of great historical & cultural significance. Mihintale is known as the cradle of Buddhism in Sri Lanka, features ancient Viharas, stupas, ponds, an ancient hospital, and more.
- Ruwanwelisseya Dagoba dates back to 140 B.C. when it was built by King Dutugemunu and the stupa is also one of the world’s tallest Buddhist monuments.
- Not far from Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka Sigiriya (Lion Rock) is another spectacular attraction. Close to Dambulla, this is regarded by some as the 8th ancient wonder of the world and one of the best preserved examples of ancient urban planning.
- Kuttam Pokuna (Twin Ponds/Pools) is considered to be an outstanding example of ancient Sinhalese engineering and architecture, as well as a site of remarkable artistic expression.
- Vilpaththu(Wilpattu) National Park is another attraction that can be accessed from hotels in Sigiriya or Anuradhapura — consisting of natural rain-water basins that are an attraction for exotic birds, leopards, sloth bears and a variety of other wildlife.
Ulagalla conveniently located between Anuradhapura, Sigiriya and Dambulla becomes an ideal location to explore these ancient cities, wildlife and many other attractions of Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle. In addition guests at Ulagalla can choose not to venture out too far and sample some of the many resort activities that include horse riding, kayaking, archery, cooking lessons and guided village tours along the banks of ancient tanks. Over 100 species of birds can be spotted in and around Ulagalla and its surroundings making it a heaven for birders.
Ulagalla by Uga Escapes offers the perfect blend of indulgence along with guilt free luxury. While you enjoy a dip in the beautiful infinity pool or indulge in some well-deserved pampering at the spa, you can be rest assured that the green certifications; reverse osmosis water recycling and the solar farm that fulfils half of the resort's energy requirements will help lower your carbon footprint as well.
Come visit Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka - experience a truly memorable Sri Lankan holiday in the midst of a setting that blends beautifully into the landscape, and understand the rich cultural heritage of an ancient civilization.