Uga Health and Safety Update
Our Renewed Commitment to Health and Safety
We would like to assure you that in these times of insecurity surrounding travel, your safety and wellbeing remain our highest priority. While the situation around COVID-19 remains uncertain, we would like to highlight the steps we have taken for your safety and to provide maximum flexibility for your travels.
Greater Flexibility for New and Existing Bookings
We would like to help you plan and book your next stay with confidence and we have several ways to support you by offering you more flexibility to amend or postpone your booking.
- All bookings (amended, postponed, new bookings) made from 01st April 2020 to 31st December 2020, the following flexible cancelation will apply. Traveling period valid until 19th December 2021
- Free Cancellations up to 7 Days prior to arrival
- Cancellations made less than 07 days prior to arrival will result in full charge.
- If travel to Sri Lanka / Uga is prohibited due to government advisory notifications or if a client has tested positive within 7 days of arrival, then options for rebooking or refund will be applicable based on receipt of medical report.
The Clean Guarantee
Our associates and teams are up to date on all safety protocols and have been briefed on how best to handle the situation on ground with outmost efficiency under the guidance of the government health authorities and the World Health Organization.
Deep cleaning and sanitization practices have been increased and is carried out continuously at the hotels and offices throughout the day especially in common areas with the use of hospital-grade disinfectant. Below is an outline of the steps we have taken to ensure your peace of mind.
- Uga Clean Guarantee Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms haven’t been accessed since they were cleaned
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting sanitizers at entrances and high traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning for fitness centres, Spas, public areas and activity areas
- Reduced paper amenities in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning in restaurants in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
Revised opening dates
As we adapt and adjust our daily practices to handle the challenges that the Covid – 19 pandemic has set for us, our goal is to ensure the safety of our guests and associates for when we are able to welcome you back when we open our doors again as follows;
- Uga Residence will reopen its doors on the 1st of August 2020
- Uga Ulagalla and Uga Chena Huts will reopen its doors on the 1st of December 2020
- Uga Jungle Beach and Uga Bay will reopen its doors on the 1st of February 2021
Our reservation teams are on hand to help you navigate through any cancellations, or readjustment of bookings as well as to answer any questions you may have. As we step in to a new era of travel, much may feel different. But what remains unchanged is our dedication to the wellbeing of every guest that have the pleasure to serve and our signature Uga service and hospitality.