Whale and Dolphin Watching
Something to add to your bucket list; to watch Blue Whales – the largest mammals ever known are residents off the shores of Jungle Beach and Sperm Whales – the largest predators on our planet and also the deepest diving whales travel in pods following the matriarchal system similar to elephants. Off the coast of Sri Lanka, we often encounter “super pods” containing 40 or more along with large numbers of Spinner dolphins.
- Time of Departure – At 5:30 am from May to October
- Duration – 3 and half hours includes approximately 1 and ½ hour travel time.
- Distance – Approximately 40 nautical miles to reach whale sighting location.
- What is included – Boat ride to whale sighting location & back, water bottles.
- What to bring/wear – comfortable & cool clothes to entire body if possible, sun hats, your waterproof camera